Setting Up Your Mailbox in Microsoft Outlook for PC
Note: This walkthrough is for mailboxes only. You cannot set up an account on a Gmail client for forwarders. Please double-check which kind of email address you set up before proceeding.
To add your new mailbox to Outlook on your PC, follow the steps below. You will need the following information on hand:
- The email address you registered as a mailbox (e.g. email@example.com)
- The password you set up when registering your mailbox
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer
- Click on File -> Add New Account, then click "Setup Manual Configuration", then Next
- Check "POP or IMAP", then click Next
- On the Manual account screen:
- Provide user info (how you want "reply to" to appear) and the email address of your mailbox
- Server information
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming/outgoing servers: mail.emailconfig.com (exactly this address)
- Login info: your FULL email address and password
- Check "Remember Password" and "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)"
- Click on More Settings
- Click Outgoing Server tab
- Check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”
- Check "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- Click on Advanced tab
- For both Incoming (IMAP) and Outgoing (SMTP), select SSL from the dropdown boxes
- On the Outgoing (SMTP), change the port setting to port 465
- Click OK
- Click Next
If you have any questions throughout this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you with the setup.