Setting Up Your Mailbox in Outlook 2015 (for Mac)
Note: This walkthrough is for mailboxes only. You cannot set up an Outlook Mail account for forwarders. Please double-check which kind of account you set up before proceeding.
To set up a desktop Outlook account for your new mailbox, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook on your computer
- Click to the “Tools” tab in the top left-hand corner of your desktop and click on “Accounts” at the bottom of the menu
After clicking on "Accounts", click on the small "+" button on the bottom left-hand side of the dialogue box and select "Other Email"
- Enter your email address for your mailbox (i.e. email@example.com) and your mailbox password in the password field.
- After you type in your full email address and password, the box will expand to show you additional configuration options.
- In the “User name” field, re-enter your email address
- Under "Type" select "IMAP"
- In the "Incoming server" field, enter mail.emailconfig.com
- Check the box that says "Use SSL to connect (recommended)"
- Make sure "993" is listed as the incoming port
- Go the "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)" and enter mail.emailconfig.com
- Check the box that says “Use SSL (recommended)"
- Make sure "465" is listed as the outgoing port
- Click on the "Add Account" button
- Click on the button that says "More Options..."
- In the "More Options" menu, select "User Name and Password" from the menu for "Authentication"
- Enter your full email address in the "User name" field
- Enter your password in the "Password" field
- Enter "mail.emailconfig.com" in the "Unqualified domain" field
- Click on the "OK" button
Once you complete these steps your mailbox should have a green circle next to it, indicating that the server has been successfully connected.
From there, you should be all set! If you have any difficulty adding your mailbox to Outlook, or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.