Setting Up Your Mailbox on Your iPhone 5
Note: This walkthrough is for mailboxes only. You cannot set up an iPhone account for forwarders. Please double-check which kind of account you set up before proceeding.
To set up a mail account for your new mailbox on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open "Settings"
- Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
- Tap "Add Account"
- Tap "Other" at the bottom of the screen
- Tap "Add Mail Account"
- Enter your full name in the "Name" field
- Enter your full email address in the "Email" field
- Enter the password to your account that you set when creating the mailbox in the "Password" field
- Enter a short description of the mail account in the "Description" field
- Tap "Next"
- On the next page, make sure "IMAP" is selected at the top of the screen. Enter mail.emailconfig.com in the "Host Name" box under "Incoming Mail Server"
- In the "User Name" field enter your full email address (email@example.com, for example).
- Retype your password (it may be filled in for you already)
- Under "Outgoing Mail Server Info", enter mail.emailconfig.com and then repeat your username and password
- Tap "Next"
- If it is successful, you will see a screen showing some applications you want to grant this account access to. Tap "Save"
You're mostly done, but we need to verify a few settings to make sure we can send email.
- On the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" page, tap the new account you just created.
- Tap the "Account" heading toward the top of the page
- Tap "SMTP" on the next page
- Tap your mail server at the top of the page under "Primary Server"
- Make sure "Use SSL" is deselected (should not show green)
- Make sure "Authentication" says "Password"
- Make sure port 587 is being used under "Server Port"
- Tap "Done"
- Tap "Back" and then "Done".
After that, your mail account should be set up without a problem. Try sending your new mail account an email from an existing account of yours. It may take a minute to arrive.
If you have any questions throughout this process, please contact our support team, who will be happy to assist you with the setup.