Setting Up Your Mailbox in Gmail
Note: This walkthrough is for mailboxes only. You cannot set up an account on a Gmail client for forwarders. Please double-check which kind of email address you set up before proceeding.
Workfolio email mailboxes integrate easily with different mail programs and providers, such as Outlook, Apple Mail, and Gmail. To add your new mailbox to an existing Gmail account, follow these steps:
- Log into your Gmail account and click on the "Settings" menu and then click on "Settings"
- Click on the "Accounts and Import" tab and click on the link, "Add another email address you own"
- From there, you will need to enter your name and the email address for the mailbox you created with Workfolio. Make sure that you uncheck the "Treat as an alias" box, as well, and click on the "Next Step" button.
- On the next window, you will see 3 fields: SMTP Server, Username, and Password.
- For "SMTP server", enter "mail.emailconfig.com"
- For "Username", enter your custom email address
- For "Password", enter the password for your custom mailbox
- Make sure that "Port" is set to 587
- Click on the button that says "Secured connection using TLS", and then click on the "Add Account" button.
- In the next window, Gmail will ask you to confirm your confirmation code. You will need to log into your custom webmail account and either click on the link you receive OR enter the verification code
- Now log into your webmail portal at mail.[your custom domain], open the verification email, and either and click on the verification link, or copy and paste the confirmation code into the confirmation code field.
- After enter your confirmation code, you will receive the following confirmation page from Gmail:
After that, you should be all set! If you continue to have difficulty adding your custom mailbox to your Gmail client, we recommend reading this article: Gmail: Send mail from a different address or alias.
If you have any questions throughout this process, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you with the setup.