Setting Up Your Mailbox in Your iPhone 6
Note: This walkthrough is for mailboxes only. You cannot set up an iPhone account for forwarders. Please double-check which kind of account you set up before proceeding.
To set up a mail account for your new mailbox on your iPhone 6, follow these steps:
- Open "Settings"
- Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
- Tap "Add Account"
- Tap "Other" at the bottom of the screen
- Tap "Add Mail Account"
- Enter your full name in the "Name" field
- Enter your full email address in the "Email" field
- Enter the password to your account that you set when creating the mailbox in the "Password" field
- Enter a short description of the mail account in the "Description" field
- Tap "Next"
- On the next page, make sure "IMAP" is selected at the top of the screen. Enter mail.emailconfig.com in the "Host Name" box under "Incoming Mail Server"
- In the "User Name" field enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org, for example).
- Retype your password (it may be filled in for you already)
- Under "Outgoing Mail Server Info", enter mail.emailconfig.com and then repeat your username and password
- Tap "Next"
- Your phone may spend some time verifying the server. After a period of time, You will probably see a message that says "Cannot Verify Server Identity". Tap "Continue"
- If it is successful, you will see a screen showing some applications you want to grant this account access to. Tap "Save"
You're mostly done, but we need to change a few settings before we can send email.
- On the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" page, tap the new account you just created.
- Tap the "Account" heading toward the top of the page
- Tap "SMTP" on the next page
- Tap your mail server at the top of the page under "Primary Server"
- Make sure "Use SSL" is selected (should show green)
- Make sure "Authentication" says "Password"
- Make sure port 587 is being used under "Server Port"
- Tap "Done"
- Tap "Back" and then "Done".
After that, your mail account should completely set up. Try sending your new mail account an email from an existing account of yours to test the connection. It may take a minute to arrive.
If you have any questions throughout this process, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you with the setup.