Setting Up Your Mailbox in Gmail
Note: This walkthrough is for mailboxes only. You cannot add email forwarder accounts to mail clients. Please double-check which kind of email address you set up before proceeding.
To add your new mailbox to Gmail, follow the steps below. You will need for reference certain information specific to your mailbox, which you can find by logging into your Workfolio Websites account and navigating to your custom mailbox settings.
Gmail requires two steps to enable custom email: the Incoming step and the Outgoing step.
Incoming (Check mail from other accounts)
- Log into your Gmail account and click on the Settings menu (the cog icon to the right-hand side) and then click on Settings
- Click on the Accounts and Import tab and, under Check mail from other accounts, click the Add a mail account link
- Enter your custom email address in the window that pops up and click Next
- Select Import emails from my other account (POP3) and click Next
- Enter the required information on this screen:
- User: (your custom email address)
- Password: (the password you set for your custom mailbox)
- POP Server: (your Incoming Mail Server value)
- Port: 995
- Check Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server
- Check Always use a secure connection (SSL)
- The next two options are personal preference, up to you
- Click Add Account
- You will then be prompted as to whether you would like to also send from this address. Click Yes (thought you can also complete this later) and continue on to the Outgoing settings.
Outgoing (Send mail as)
- The next page should show your name and email address filled in. If not, provide those. Make sure that you check the Treat as an alias box, as well, and click on the Next Step button.
- On the next window, enter the following settings (referring to your personal settings when necessary):
- For SMTP server, enter your Outgoing Mail Server/SMTP value
- For Username, enter your custom email address
- For Password, enter the password for your custom mailbox
- Make sure that Port is set to 587
- Select Secured connection using TLS, and then click on the Add Account button
- In the next window, Gmail will ask you to confirm your confirmation code. You will need to log into your custom webmail account (the link is provided in your Workfolio Websites Account Mail settings page) and either click on the link you receive OR enter the verification code
- After enter your confirmation code, you will receive the following confirmation page from Gmail:
After that, you should be all set! If you continue to have difficulty adding your custom mailbox to your Gmail client, we recommend reading this article: Gmail: Send mail from a different address or alias.
If you have any questions throughout this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you with the setup.