Setting Up Your Mailbox in Apple Mail
Note: This walkthrough is for mailboxes only. You cannot add email forwarder accounts to mail clients. Please double-check which kind of email address you set up before proceeding.
To add your new mailbox to Apple Mail, follow the steps below. You will need for reference certain information specific to your mailbox, which you can find by logging into your Workfolio Websites account and navigating to your custom mailbox settings.
- Open Mail
- In the Mail drop-down menu in the top left-hand corner of your desktop, click Add Account...
- In the next window, click Add Other Mail Account...
- Fill in the below, then click Sign In:
- The name you want to appear in the "From" portion of your emails under Full Name
- Your custom mailbox address
- The password you set for your mailbox
- On the following screen, fill in the below information and click Sign In:
- Make sure the Email Address field is your custom email address
- User Name can be left blank, or you can re-enter your custom email address
- Enter your custom mailbox password
- Ensure the Account Type is IMAP
- Enter your Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server as displayed in your Workfolio Websites Account Mail settings
- Apple Mail will ask you which apps you want to use for the account. Make sure that the box next to "Mail" is checked.
- Click on the "Done" button at the bottom of the window.
- After that, your mail account should be set up without a problem. Try sending your new mail account an email from an existing account of yours. It may take a minute to arrive, but you can click the envelope button to help speed up the process.
Troubleshooting your Apple Mail
If you are having problems sending your email, double-check your server settings by following these steps:
- Click on "Mail" in the top left-hand corner of your screen and click "Preferences..."
- Select the name of the account you just set up on the left-hand side of the screen
- On the right-hand side of the screen, double-check that your information is correct. The "username" field should be your email address.
- Find the heading that says "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)" and click the select menu. Click on "Edit SMTP server list".
- Making sure the correct server is selected in the top section, make sure the port is set to 993 and "Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)" is checked
- Make sure "Authentication" is set to "Password" and the username and password field are filled out correctly
If you get an alert about the certificate not being valid, you can follow these steps to stop seeing that message:
- Click "Configuration" or "Settings"
- Find the "Trust" drop-down
- Select "Always Trust" from the top drop-down menu
- Click "Save"
If you continue to have any difficulty adding your mailbox to Apple Mail, or have any questions other, please feel free to reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.