Setting Up Your Mailbox in Windows 10 Mail
Note: This walkthrough is for mailboxes only. You cannot add email forwarder accounts to mail clients. Please double-check which kind of email address you set up before proceeding.
To add your new mailbox to Mail on your Windows 10 PC, follow the steps below. You will need for reference certain information specific to your mailbox, which you can find by logging into your Workfolio Websites account and navigating to your custom mailbox settings.
- Open the Mail app from the Start menu
- Open the form to add a new account:
- If you have not used the Mail app before, select Add account from the next menu
- If you have used Mail before, at the bottom of the left navigation pane, select Settings and then choose Manage Accounts, then Add account
- On the Choose an account screen, scroll all the way to the bottom and select Advanced setup, then Internet Mail
- On the Advanced setup screen:
- Email address - Enter your custom mailbox address
- User name - Enter your custom mailbox address again
- Password - Enter the password associated with this custom mailbox
- Account name - This is the name you will see this account listed under the Windows 10 Mail app; this can be your custom mailbox address, or any label you want
- Send your messages using this name - Enter the name you wish for recipients to see when they receive emails from you
- Incoming email server - Use the setting provided in your custom mailbox settings (link above)
- Account type - Use IMAP4
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server - Use the setting provided in your custom mailbox settings (link above)
- Click Sign in, then Done
If you have any questions throughout this process, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you with the setup.